Start building your own ios/mac platformer!
You want to build your own iPhone / iPad / Mac platformer game such as League of Evil? Then start with a strong code foundation!
This starter kit includes the complete source code of "Commander Cool" for iPhone / iPad / Mac build with cocos2d & box2d, with extensive documentation.
The code is 100% compatible with the latest version of Xcode 4.3.2, the code includes cocos2D (v1.0.1). The Xcode project builds successfully on the new iPhone 4S device, on the 5.0 Simulator and Mac OS X 10.7
- Complete Source Code for iPhone & iPad & Mac.
- Two Targets: iOS & Mac + Lite Version Target
- Physic Engine Box2D
- Custom Build Scripts for automated Deployment to TestFlight or HockeyKit
- Game Center Support: Achievements and Leaderboard
- Facebook integration (Share on Facebook)
- Twitter Integration (Share on Twitter) iOS 5 only
- Game analyze with Playtomic
- iRate integration
- Sprites, Spritesheets, Backgrounds, Buttons, HUD - for iPhone / iPhone Retina & iPad / iPad Retina & Mac
- Background music
- 5 Map Examples!
- Zwoptex Files, ParticleDesigner Files, GlyphDesigner Files
- Every Animation Sprites as a single image (See Screenshots) in normal, retina and ipad retina!
- Map Format: .tmx ( http://www.mapeditor.org )
- Level Layers: Background, Foreground, Entities, Objects, Particles
- Entities: Player, 3 different Enemies with different A.I., Tanks!
- Level Properties: BackgroundImage, BackgroundMusic, Weather
- Object Properties: damage, cure, score, pickable, collideable, triggerScript, sound
- Default Properties values in class files. Can be overwritten in the level editor.
- Intro scene
- Start scene
- About scene with a WebView for about text
- Settings (sound / music on/off)
- Dynamic level selection scene (from a plist)
- Game finish / game over scene
Source Code Examples
You are free to use all source code contained in the ‘CommanderCool‘ folder for your own private and/or commercial use, however, artwork, music tracks, fonts and sound effects included in this package will remain the copyright Janzen & Strauß.
We are only selling you the files contained outside of the ‘lib‘ folder of this ZIP file. We are not selling the content included in the following folders of this ZIP file (which is freely available and included purely for your convenience in building the project):
- facebook SDK
- Playtomic SDK
Media Assets not covered by this License
The project contains sprites/tilemaps which are available for free and are governed by different licenses.
Over 100,000 Downloads and 333 App Store Ratings
Contact / Support
Any Questions? Let us know if you have any questions.